Aaron Buckley has over 20 years of experience representing employers. His practice is focused on the defense of a wide range of employment claims including wage and hour, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Aaron also regularly advises and counsels employers on a full range of employment law compliance issues, including wage and hour, employee discipline and termination, and other human resources matters. He also regularly provides training to management on human resources and litigation avoidance topics.
Aaron has represented employers in over 50 class actions in California and federal courts involving wage and hour and other issues, as well as dozens of cases involving representative claims for civil penalties brought under the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA).
Aaron is a member of the Wage & Hour Defense Institute, an invitation-only group consisting of top management-side wage and hour litigators throughout the United States. He is a frequent speaker on wage and hour and other employment law topics at national legal conferences. Aaron authors a monthly column, “Wage & Hour Advisor,” which is published in Bender’s California Labor & Employment Bulletin.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Aaron was an infantry officer in the United States Army 1986-1993.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D. 1996, cum laude
- United States Military Academy, B.S. 1986
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Partner, 2008 – present; Associate, 2004 – 2007
- Wilson, Petty, Kosmo & Turner LLP, Associate, 2000 – 2004
- Thompson Coburn LLP, Associate, 1996 – 1999
- All state courts of California, Arizona, Illinois, and Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- All United States District Courts in Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri