Aaron Buckley specializes in the defense of employers in wage and hour litigation. He has handled numerous wage and hour class actions in the state and federal courts, including cases based on claims of employee misclassification, meal and rest period violations, off-the-clock work, and unreimbursed business expenses.
In addition to his class action practice, Aaron also defends individual wage and hour cases, as well as cases involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims.
Aaron regularly advises and counsels employers on a full range of employment law compliance issues, including employee discipline, wage and hour, and other workplace issues. He also provides training to management on human resources and litigation avoidance topics. Aaron is also a member of the Wage & Hour Defense Institute, a defense-side, wage and hour litigation group consisting of wage and hour litigators throughout the United States.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Aaron was an infantry officer in the United States Army from 1986–1993.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D. 1996, cum laude
- United States Military Academy, B.S. 1986
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton LLP, Partner, 2008 – present; Associate, 2004 – 2007
- Wilson, Petty, Kosmo & Turner LLP, Associate, 2000 – 2004
- Thompson Coburn LLP, Associate, 1996 – 1999
- All state courts of California, Arizona, Illinois, and Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri